Premium art tours – $400 and up – Most can occur daily (Mon. – Sun.)
1. Artist studios tours. You’ll meet several excellent artists in their studios, along with their finished artworks and works-in-progress. Expect messy studio spaces, full of tools and supplies. Plus, you can buy art directly from these artists and save money. TWO OPTIONS: (1) A one-hour 3-artist studio tour costs $400 total that covers 1 – 10 people in full, plus $40 per extra persons beyond 10 people. (2) A two-hour 6-artist studio tour costs $600 total that covers 1 – 10 people in full, plus $60 per extra persons beyond 10 people. One more option: combine a Chelsea artist studios tour with a Chelsea gallery tour.
2. Museum tours. Get a personal 2-hour guided experience of a New York City museum of your choosing, or let us pick which museum we think is showing the most fascinating exhibits that week, especially the most outstanding contemporary art. Cost: $600 plus museum admission covers 1 – 4 people in full. Optional: combine a Whitney Museum tour with a Chelsea gallery tour, as the museum and galleries are fairly close to each other.
3. Graffiti Street Art tours in Bushwick Brooklyn. The city’s epicenter for graffiti street art is Bushwick Brooklyn, with large fascinating paintings – some several stories tall – on hundreds of buildings. See the section of Bushwick with the most awesome graffiti paintings, where creativity is unleashed in blazing color. This tour takes place entirely outdoors, no matter the weather. Cost: $500 total covers 1 – 10 people in full, plus $50 per extra persons beyond 10 people.
4. LGBT gallery tours. Our gay founder and tour director will take you to galleries in Chelsea currently showing work by gay, lesbian, and other self-identified queer artists, plus exhibits of interest to a gay sensibility. Sometimes the artwork can be very graphic, other times just very human. Cost: $500 total covers 1 – 10 people in full, plus $50 per extra persons beyond 10 people.
5. Art on the High Line. Each year, a curator installs a new contemporary art exhibit that runs the entire 17-block length of the High Line Park, itself an architectural and landscaping marvel that is elevated two stories above the Chelsea streets. This tour takes place entirely outdoors, no matter the weather. Cost: $500 total covers 1 – 4 people in full. Optional: combine this tour with a Chelsea gallery tour or a Whitney Museum tour, as they are all fairly close to each other.
Most of these tours can occur Daily: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, or to arrange one of these tours.